Monday 15 August 2011

After the course...

OK so I can imagine that nothing else will be happening on this blog for some time... if ever... but I wanted to tell you about one new and exciting development that may help take my music video to the next level. A new version of Adobe After Effects came out not too long ago and attached to that software is something called a warp stabiliser which, as I have seen on Youtube, has done incredible things to make shaky footage look perfectly smooth! Here is one example:



So I have just downloaded a trial version of the software so that I can have a play around with the warp stabilizer to find out whether this will make my film even better because most of the negative feedback that I received from the people that watched the film had something to do with it being too shaky that made it hard to watch so hopefully with this new development in technology and in my understanding of the software I can correct this problem that I had. If this works well then I will seriously consider getting a full version when I get to uni for me to use in my studies there.

I will not be leaving media behind because I am going to hopefully be studying media technology at either Kent or Bradford University next year and results are only 3 days away! ARGGH! It's really scary. I hope that this blog has helped to get me there and prove I have what it takes to do this for the rest of my life. I'm very excited for what the future holds.

If this stabilisation works I will post the video at a later date

No comments:

Post a Comment